Enhanced Healthwise Benefits: The Exeter’s Commitment to Customer Well-being
Last week the UK was impacted by storm Ciaran with torrential rain and gale force winds, on more positive news this week we see The Exeter kicking up a storm with their value-added benefit improvements. In this article we look at what improvements have been made and what that means for the consumer.
Value added benefits are becoming more and more popular with consumers. With busy schedules and NHS backlogs simple things like a GP appointment can be challenging which is why the team at Protection Guru would love to see every provider offering these types of features within their contracts.
The Exeter offer ‘Healthwise’, provided by Square Health, as an additional benefit to their income protection and life cover products at no added cost.
Before the enhancements made today the services available to policy holders were:
- Remote GP Appointments limited to four appointments per year for the policy holder, spouse/partner or children, available on both income protection and life insurance.
- Second medical opinion up to two consultations per year again for the policy holder, spouse/partner or children, available on both income protection and life insurance.
- Six physiotherapy sessions per year, available on income protection only.
- Six Mental Health consultations, available on both income protection and life insurance.
- Six one to one dietician consultations, available on both income protection and life insurance
- Six lifestyle & nutrition consultations available on both income protection and life insurance
With the enhancements made today the Healthwise benefit now includes and has been extended to
- Unlimited Remote GP Appointments: Previously, policyholders were limited to four appointments per year for themselves, their spouse/partner, or children. With the enhancements, this has been extended to unlimited access, which can be incredibly valuable for addressing health concerns without the need for in-person visits. With a typical family of four it’s likely that, as a family, you would need a GP appointment on more than four occasions within a year. Having increased this service to unlimited appointments this brings this feature I line with other providers such as AIG, British Friendly, Cirencester, Guardian and LV=.
- Health MOT’s: The introduction of Health MOT’s is another notable addition, bringing The Exeter in line with other providers including Aviva, British Friendly and Vitality. Policyholders can now have one health MOT per year, which includes an assessment through a pinprick blood test. This feature allows for proactive health monitoring and early detection of potential issues meaning their client can get treatment early if required .
- Referral Letter Fee Removal: The removal of the £15 fee for referral letters following a remote GP appointment is a customer-friendly change. It eliminates an additional cost that policyholders had to bear in the past.
- NHS Repeat Prescriptions: The introduction of NHS repeat prescriptions through the Healthwise App is a convenient addition. It allows clients to order both private and NHS repeat prescriptions through the app, simplifying the process of obtaining necessary medications.
One significant aspect to highlight is that these enhancements are not exclusive to new policies. Existing policyholders will also benefit from these improvements, and they won’t incur any additional costs. This demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction and ensuring that all policyholders can take advantage of these valuable features.
In summary, The Exeter’s enhancements to their Healthwise benefit program demonstrate their dedication to providing comprehensive and valuable services to their customers. These improvements expand access to healthcare, introduce proactive health monitoring, eliminate additional fees, and offer greater convenience, ultimately enhancing the overall customer experience bringing the value added benefits inline with the industry.